This page contains the latest information about Old Customs House Inn in Key West.
Below you can find the contact details and address, as well as read the reviews and comments about Old Customs House Inn in Key West from other users.
For your convenience, below a list of other hotels in Key West, FL.
Company Info: Rating: 2.00
Address: 124 Duval St, Key West, FL, 33040 Hotels in Key West, FL
1. Frank S.
Although this place is in the center if it all on Duval, you would be better served to stay elsewhere unless you are a college student staying down here. Beds are crappy, bathroom doors don't completely close, and the ceiling fans don't work.
15/04/13 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
2. Steve S.
The manager Josh messed up our reservations and proceeded to cancel them without our consent. He was very rude and condescending. Good thing we never actually got to stay there. I can't imagine how our stay would have been with such awful customer service.
22/04/15 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
3. Cortney C.
We were in Studio 4. We were booked to stay from 4/2 - 4/8. We left 4/6.
I agree with the other negative reviews.... If we could give this place a negative rating we would. I've been to Key West several times over the years and love everything about the island. Except the Old Customs House Inn. I am not a negative person but definitely feel it important to share with others our experience so they can stay elsewhere.
- SHOWER - BAD: The showers are about 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet. Maybe 3ft x 3ft. They are TINY. It's Key West, real estate is at a prime.. I get it. But seriously? Unless you've got no arms or are of a smaller stature, your showering experience will be horrid.
- SHOWER - BAD: If you are lucky enough to be of smaller stature or sans upper limbs, you will still fall victim to the largest issue of the shower....the water temperature. There are a few times in life when a nice, cold shower is needed. However, every drop of every shower being ice cold is not my idea of a relaxing vacation rinse. To be clear, and as to not seem like I am exaggerating... we did have about 17 seconds of blazing hot water (you cannot even get in the shower when these rays from hell are shooting out) but, after the 17 seconds, COLD. So, if you attempt to shower, you'll leave with nothing but bruised elbows, scalded off skin from 17 seconds of the flames from hell but, on the bright side, your burns will also be cooled by the ice cold water you'll enjoy for the remainder of your bathing experience.
- NOISE - BAD: We are not sheltered nor are we uptight. But for the love of all that is holy, the noise from the bars will keep you up far beyond anything that is normal. Every night, without fail. The rooms are right above/next to the Hog's Breath and the windows are old so you can count on a live, blaring concert day and night, in the "comfort" of your own hotel room. I love music as much as the next person but...trust me, it's a LOT and it is impossible to sleep with.
- MANAGEMENT - BAD: When you check in, you'll check in at the World's Smallest Bar. Pretty fun way to start your stay in Key West, right?! We thought so, too. But, have any issues? Need more toilet paper? Wonder if there is any way to tame the wild beast of a shower? A bartender aka manager is NOT the combo you're looking for. Seriously. There is no one to call if you need anything. There is no one to call if something goes wrong. There is just a bartender at the bar next door and, the manager is only there sometimes. So, take your chances at catching him. (The bar is tiny, literally the World's Smallest Bar, so there is only one bartender there at any given time. It is Russian Roulette to try and get lucky for the bartender-manager to be there. We never got so lucky).
- MANAGEMENT - BAD: We decided we finally had enough of no toilet paper, terrible beds, gross rooms, cold showers and our blaring personal concert so we actually left Key West early. 2 days and 2 nights early. We went to the bar to hand our keys in and tell the bartender we were going to be checking out early because of our issues. The bartender on staff was not the bartender-manager so he told us to call the manager once we got to Miami to try and get the situation figured out about the refund but that he would let him know we were leaving. We got to Miami and called the bartender-manager, Josh, and he let us know that we were crap out of luck.
Apparently it was our issue that we did not let him know personally that we were leaving, and we would not be getting a refund. He also was seemingly unwilling to have any sort of conversation about our negative experience, refund, thanks for leaving, thanks for staying, nothing.
I attempted to ask how the bartender not telling him that we left was our issue and how could it possibly be our fault he didn't know we left (imagine the lack of service, attention, interaction or awareness it would take to not realize that one of your 4 rooms is sitting empty...and the keys are at the bar). This apparently was not a discussion we were going to have and he "kindly" let me know that I would be crap out of luck unless he could get the room listed and rented out and that's all he could do. The conversation stopped there for him.
There was no clear plan of action or next steps. So, I asked when I should follow-up with him and when I would know about a refund for the nights we did not stay. He said that I could call him tomorrow and IF there would be a refund, he would let me know then but again, no room rented out, no refund. What? How is that an option? Or any sort of policy?
- PICKLES - GOOD: There is a green parrot that stays on the premises. His name is Pickles and he is crazy cute.
All in all, this place is absolutely horrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The location is awesome but, seriously, there is no location in the world that could make up for all the crap that this experience has yielded.
07/05/15 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
4. Kasey B.
Loved this place! We were in AND out of it all! Outside on Duval all of Key West partied and carried on and we could participate or we could go in our room, close the door and not know anything of the revelry outside. The rooms are stationed behind the cafe so all day long you can smell the fantastic food they make. Outside of our room was a blue front conure who was sweet and flirty and a very well behaved bird. The air conditioner kept it nice and icy cold and the owner, Josh, is the definition of class and grace. Awesome, awesome experience!
14/10/14 | Link
| Rating: 5.0