This page contains the latest information about Creekside Lands Inn in Charleston.
Below you can find the contact details and address, as well as read the reviews and comments about Creekside Lands Inn in Charleston from other users.
For your convenience, below a list of other hotels in Charleston, SC.
Company Info: Rating: 2.50
Address: 2545 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC, 29414 Hotels in Charleston, SC
1. Lola T.
Where to start with a review of this place? Based on my experience it's impossible to exaggerate how awful this place truly is. As we were checking in, the front desk clerk went through a litany of how to properly use the TV. First I have to turn it on from the TV itself, then manually change the channel to 3 or 4 and then you can use the remote. Uh, what?! Also, the light switches don't turn the lights on or off but shut off various other things (microwave and fridge). We walked along the outdoor passage to our room. There were clearly people living in this complex and random people were sitting outside staring at us as we walked by. We got to our non-smoking room only to be greeted by the intense smell of smoke. It smelled as though someone hot boxed a carton of cigarettes and closed to door to seal in the smell. The heater/air conditioner was cracked and half of the knob to control it, was missing. The bathtub had mold growing in the corner. The toilet paper holder had been knocked off the wall and never replaced. The chair at the desk looked like it had once been a cat scratching post. The pool was murky and green. There was no chain on the door and the eye hole had been blacked out. Not wanting to be the victim of a horrible crime, I promptly insisted that we stay ANYWHERE but this dreadful place. We immediately went back to the front desk, asked for a refund because of the state of our disgusting room, and were told that that room is often complained about. Why on earth would you put someone in a room that often draws complaints? Can nothing be done to fix these things? Please, please, please save yourself the time and go stay anywhere else. The only positive thing I can say is that the front desk clerk was incredibly nice and apologetic, she did give us a refund promptly, and we went to stay elsewhere. I'm all for supporting small businesses rather than using corporate hotels but this place needs to rethink how their product is presented.
02/05/14 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
2. Evon B.
I called this hotel in Feb to see if the other reviews were accurate, & to ask whether or not recent upgrades had been made. I'm cannot recall which person offered assistance, but the person assured me that I would enjoy my stay. Charleston SC offers excellent sightseeing, so all I really needed was a place to sleep. I got much more. The staff is incredibly cordial & helpful. The rooms are immaculate; the beds are comfortable, & the linens/ towels are new. Long distance calling from the hotel room phones is free. The attending staff prints directions to attractions from the main office. Continental breakfast is delicious & plentiful; no need to search elsewhere. The only setbacks I saw, which cannot be helped, is that the hotel location is close to a major highway, & the room shutters don't actually shut out the porch night light. So light sleepers may have problems. But I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this place.
27/06/13 | Link
| Rating: 5.0
3. Christophe C.
Booked this hotel at $80+/night based on the reviews on tripadvisor for a weekend in Charleston and was unfortunately seriously disappointed. Honestly, I cannot even begin to imagine why folks are giving this hotel more than 3 stars, because my experience (with photos) was so far from what they describe that I can only guess that it is because their standards are very low. This isn't to say that I have unreasonably high standards, but what we experienced was very poor compared to the multitude of hotels I've stayed at over the years. Upon arrival we were directed to our 2nd floor room. There were a string of people hanging out over the balcony as the temperature was fairly mild compared to the last few weeks.
1) When you enter the room, none of the switches at the door turn on any lights? What we found out later is that they turn OFF the fridge and microwave. Thinking the fridge was broken, I put in a maintenance call, though by that time water was all over. Not sure why guests aren't told up front about the light switches.
2) The beds (we were in a double bed room) are those extremely soft old beds that KILL your back. What was worse is that there were stains all over. Yuck!
3) The TV remote would only work part of the time on the 20 year old 22" tube TV.
4) The bathroom light didn't work and we never had this issue fixed the entire weekend, even after several requests. It didn't take a standard bulb otherwise we could have fixed it ourselves. We ended up having to put a lamp in the bathroom.
5) You are only provided two towels per room. When I requested a couple more, I was met with attitude about how they could only provide me two more.
6) The air unit in the room was very loud and appeared to be broken and didn't have a cover, so we just turned it off. Thank goodness it was mild all weekend.
7) What was very strange to us, 1/2 of the floor is tiled with 20" tiles, while the other half is carpeted. Have never seen this done before and am curious.
8) The "continental breakfast" simply consist of some yogurt, a couple types of muffins, some scary looking sausage gravy (I'm guessing?) and a couple types of cereal. The OJ was that powder crap. UGH! We ended up just going out for breakfast instead.
9) The "creek" beside the hotel is more of a swamp marsh that gives off a bad smell. I cannot imagine how bad the bugs and smell gets when it gets warmer.
10) The wireless is unsecured and wide open, which is very insecure for any hotel guests that are using it for anything other than casual browsing.
Considering all this, we made the best of our trip to Charleston, one of my favorite cities in the country. I would not recommend this hotel to any average traveler and am blown away that they are charging $80 a night to stay here. It's definitely not worth 1/2 that price. There are numerous hotels within minutes that are cheaper and cleaner, so I would suggest you quickly adjust your hotel plans while reading this. This would have received 1 star, but I commend them for being flexible with pets on the property and sincerely appreciate that.
View the pictures here: smg.photobucket.com/user…
26/02/14 | Link
| Rating: 2.0
4. Diana M.
This motel was nicer than what I would have expected. That said, it is still a motel and with that come some not-so-great stuff. While the room had clearly been remodeled recently, there was a funky smell. I would say stale cigarette smoke but it was a non-smoking room. Also, the bathroom door didn't' shut without extreme force, the toilet lid wasn't screwed in correctly, etc. If you are looking for an above-average motel to stay on the cheap this place will fit your needs.
It does have interesting grounds along a river (creek?) and they have a little walkway that will take you out so you can look for wildlife.
11/09/13 | Link
| Rating: 3.0
5. John M.
Never again. The staff was nice but the room was totally worn out. Bare-thread and dinghy bed linens. The TV didn't work and the worst was yet to come. In the morning I grabbed a nice white wash cloth as I stepped into the shower. Thank God that I held it up in front of the stream of water and turned it to get it good and wet. To my utter horror, when I turned the wash cloth I saw that it was heavily stained with feces. Not just a little brown spot or two mind you. This thing was disgusting and absolutely impossible that the maid didn't see it when she was folding them. I told the desk about it and she seemed to doubt my story. When I checked out in the morning she said she discounted my room 50% but I haven't seen any credits post to my card. I travel with my business and so-far this is the most disgusting thing I've encountered. Stay away from this toxic place.
24/05/14 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
6. CJ L.
As always, we try to find the perfect balance between affordability and amenities. With Creekside Lands Inn, we struck a good balance. Yes, the property is older, but it is also well maintained, not "fussy" and convenient to several shopping and eating establishments. The gazebo, first thing in the morning and late at night, was very enjoyable. The staff was "local friendly" and offered some useful suggestions for enjoying our stay.
We would definitely stay here again.
29/05/14 | Link
| Rating: 3.0