This page contains the latest information about Residence Inn in Charleston.
Below you can find the contact details and address, as well as read the reviews and comments about Residence Inn in Charleston from other users.
For your convenience, below a list of other hotels in Charleston, SC.
Company Info: Rating: 4.33
Address: 7457 Northside Dr, Charleston, SC, 29420 Hotels in Charleston, SC
1. felicity b.
Stayed here while I was touring Patriots Point & downtown Charleston.
1) Free wifi
2) Free breakfast
3) Hotel rooms are large & new - the hotel was built in 2012 (per their website), and it shows. Rooms have everything you need, including a full size fridge and stove.
4) Quiet - the hotel was quiet at all times during my stay. However, my husband did report hearing a lady in the elevator complain about children yelling at the pool. Maybe request a room away from the pool when staying at this hotel (rooms are situated very close to the pool).
5) Good parking & easy access to the Interstate (I-26)
1) Guest service at the front desk wasn't always the greatest. There was an older man who checked us in who was not very friendly. The younger staff always said "hi" to us upon re-entering the hotel, and he did not acknowledge us, or the other guests entering the hotel.
2) General area - this hotel is fairly nice (three to three and a half stars), however, it is situated around a lot of very low end motels, and some two star chains. The food choices right around the hotel are also on the low end (Waffle House). The area of the Residence Inn around the airport was much better in terms of neighboring hotels and food (however, it was older than this location, thus how we ended up at the Ashley Phosphate location).
While not good or bad (depending on your preference and what you're doing on your trip to Charleston), the location is about 10+ miles from downtown. For the value of the hotel v. a downtown location, paying additional fees to park once downtown was not an issue.
Overall, I would stay here again. My biggest complaint was really the neighboring motels/food selection, but since we were really only at the hotel to sleep, and did not really eat in the area, it was fine.
07/07/13 | Link
| Rating: 4.0
2. Erin D.
Overall, Residence Inns (a Marriott chain) are really nice. They're like a souped up version of Homewood Suites (a Hilton chain). There's free wifi, parking, and breakfast, so I can't complain. I liked the spaciousness of the room, and I love that the room includes a huge refrigerator, dishwater, stove, and microwave.
I really just needed a cheap place to stay in Charleston on 23Feb2013 for one night due to the Houston Dynamo vs. Charleston Battery soccer game, and this hotel fit the bill. My room rate was only $99, and I had a $100 Marriott gift card. I only paid $12.37 out of pocket for the taxes.
I liked how the front desk easily handled the gift card situation. The lady went ahead and billed the room upon arrival (instead of checkout) so "the staff in the morning wouldn't be confused." Upon charging both the gift card and my personal credit card, she handed me a receipt and stated I'd get another bill in the morning showing a $0 balance. She was right.
Since this hotel was only about 10-15 minutes from Blackbaud stadium, 15-20 minutes from the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge (go walk it if you've got a couple of hours to spare!), and 15 minutes from the outlet center, I would stay here again. I'm sure there are other Charleston recommendations the front desk can recommend, as the gentleman gave great parking advice for the bridge. The hotel's proximity to where I needed to be for a night in Charleston combined with a cheap rate, friendly staff, and a clean room makes me recommend this hotel.
20/04/13 | Link
| Rating: 4.0
3. N. S.
I will start by saying AMAZING! This hotel is new and beautiful, the staff and service are what you expect from a Marriott brand and the hotel is clean.
The breakfast in the morning is excellent and they have some events during the week. It is close enough to down town Charleston but you will need a DD if you go to the bars.
I do not know if they have a shuttle but if you stay here you will not be disappointed.
17/08/14 | Link
| Rating: 5.0