This page contains the latest information about Homewood Suites Hotel Hamilton Place in Chattanooga.
Below you can find the contact details and address, as well as read the reviews and comments about Homewood Suites Hotel Hamilton Place in Chattanooga from other users.
For your convenience, below a list of other hotels in Chattanooga, TN.
Company Info: Rating: 2.92
Address: 2250 Center St, Chattanooga, TN, 37421 Hotels in Chattanooga, TN Apartments in Chattanooga, TN
1. Brittany B.
My family and I stayed here last weekend while visiting Chattanooga. I have to admit I was a little nervous because most of the reviews on Homewood were less than favorable or years old. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and had everything we needed while traveling with kids. The staff was nice and helpful, the free breakfast was nice and was a combination of hot dishes (turkey sausage and egg casserole) and your regular continental stuff. The hotel pool was a little small but it was clean and was stocked with towels. I also liked that it was 31/2 feet to 51/2 feet deep. My husband can't swim so he could "swim" around with our three year old son without worry. The other (potential) downside to this hotel is it's a 10 minute drive from downtown, which is where most of the attractions were. I do have a few complaints. The TVs in the room were nice but the remotes didn't work very well.My other complaint is the hotel is a little hard to find. I passed the road it is located on twice, even with my gps. However it is very close to lot's of shopping, including a very large mall. I also thought the rate was fair as well, it was definitely less than a similar hotel in the downtown area. I think if you're visiting Chattanooga Homewood is worth considering, especially for families.
11/07/10 | Link
| Rating: 4.0
2. Lyndsay K.
Immaculate room, amazing staff - Ashley was great!, free breakfast and dinner, free wifi. I was very pleased to have chosen this Homewood for my stay in Chattanooga and hope I get an opportunity to go back
27/06/12 | Link
| Rating: 5.0
3. Pachoulii H.
Clean, roomy suites. All suites.
Free Breakfast til 9:30pm.
Excellent coffee all the time.
Extremely nice staff.
Free dinner on Thursdays 5-7pm.
Free orderves Monday to Wednesday 5-7pm.
No charge for Internet.
Office & room.
Like being home but with maids & cooks!
I'll definitely be back!
10/03/11 | Link
| Rating: 5.0
4. Leanne A.
Clean and quiet
rooms have doors to separate sleeping and living room
rooms have mini kitchen
work out room
pool and hot tub
pool was closed in May. It's the south! It was warm outside!
free breakfast was bad.
work out room is teeny!
31/08/10 | Link
| Rating: 3.0
5. Pastor Andy G.
It was a nice place. Bigger than we'd expected, kitchen sink, larger fridge, dishwasher, silverware, basically the cross between a small 1BR and a studio.
Pet friendly!!! ($75 pet fee though)
1) the pillows were a bit hard...more like those square pillows you throw onto a couch, with pillow cases on them.
2) We don't think they were ready for such a crowd that morning (lots of people staying at the time) because by the time we got to breakfast (only about an hour after it began) there was barely anything left. (Very disappointing to us since when we'd originally called, they said it was "a hot plate breakfast", so we were looking forward to it.)
3) the bed was, eh, OK. Definitely not something worth $109 a night.
30/12/12 | Link
| Rating: 3.0
6. J H.
DO NOT STAY HERE! I am a loyal customer of the Hilton chain and was horrified by my stay here on August 3rd. We had two rooms, both had stained carpeting, sofabeds that were literally torn with foam spilling out and best of all my son had bed bug bites all across his stomach in the morning. Its another shining example of the incredible inconsistency of the Hilton chain but this took it to a new low.
07/08/14 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
7. Kim B.
Do not stay here! I checked the yelp reviews before booking, but they weren't recent enough.
Check in was easy enough although no carts were available, and even though I was checking in with a toddler, no one seemed
concerned with helping find a cart. While finding our room, I saw an overflowing trash can near the elevator on our floor. Not a good first sign! When we got to our room, the first thing I noticed was the couch. At the place where knees normally go, the couch was literally flaking off the fake leather. I had to watch my child like a hawk in order to make sure she didn't eat the couch remnants!
Long story short, breakfast was so disorganized that we went to Cracker Barrel around the corner. Food wasn't prepared, tables weren't cleared, staff was rude.
On our bed, the "blanket" is a bed skirt. The clock has the wrong time by several hours (2 hours, 49 minutes to be exact) and yet there is no way to set the clock.
The refrigerator is stuck in a corner, and the door is put on in a way that it is nearly impossible to open. It should be switched to the other side.
Also, there is no tub. Who makes a family friendly hotel without tubs?
Finally , we are overlooking the pool where there has been screaming into the night each night of our stay. Management should do something about that.
As a Hilton Honors member, I find this hotel an embarrassing part of the chain.
09/08/14 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
8. Laura P.
If this rating was just about the hotel I would give it 4 stars. Everything is updated and the suite was really big. It is a dog friendly hotel so we took our dogs with us and there was enough room for them to run around (they are small). However, the charged $75, which seems a little steep to me. Especially considering the room itself was $140.
There was not a ton of space to walk the dogs either.
The thing that bothered me the most was the cleanliness of the room. It wasn't terrible, but when I was sitting on the floor playing wiht my dogs, I noticed smears on the bottom part of the dishwasher and fridge. There was also an emplty water bottle left behing the night stand I found when plugging in my phone charger. Not really big issues, but still not perferable.
Over all it was a good stay. The breakfast is good and they have a pool that looked nice. I would stay again.
30/10/12 | Link
| Rating: 3.0
9. James R.
Well here we GO again...another terrible place in Chattanooga, TN...
Unfortunately, for we did not have any current yelp reports either. DO NOT STAY HERE!
This is a roach coach literally... One was dead behind our door to greet "Us"!
This time I will outline key discrepancies:
Friday night check-in:
1. Hotel desk representative was very polite and professional, but was not familiar with businesses or restaurants!
2. He recommended several subpar entertainment locales and restaurants.
3. One elevator was working out of two...two strikes!
4. The room was smelly like old sour trash was left in the garbage disposal. The maid called maintenance services to come and fix without telling us or services calling before arriving! He then fixed the disposal and asked me to pour more drain cleaner every 3 hours! Not for the guest to do lazy maintenance man!
5. We went downstairs after the first night of dining in the local area which as I mentioned before was a disaster (see review on Mt Vernon).
6. We requested 2x blankets and pillowcases extra for my kids....the night manager abruptly told us that these same items were in the closet. Mind you now, I said to her I needed 2 extra of these items. The question was so ridiculous that I asked her if there was an extra cost for them...Gheesh!
7. AC was turned off upon arriving it took several hours for the rooms to cool off. Pillows were hard as rocks and some of the bedding was missing.
1. Breakfast served pretty good but staff lady was overly zealous of our clothing items to a point of being overbearing!
2. No unsweetened drinks accept for tea or water. Purchased our own drinks from hotel store. But this Saturday was off to a good start. Both elevators was working. Later that evening a drunk man wreaking of crown royal got on elevator talking out of his mind but we ignored him.
Sunday morning checkout;
1. Breakfast good again! But breakfast area had a little league team running all around dining facilities. No where to sit as their parents finished eating but would not leave the area so other guests could sit and eat.
2. Milk substance was spilled on the floor near the dirty dish cart next to open food display. The wet floor sign was placed in front of the cart leaning against it were no one could see it. I slipped and fell, but the thing that bugged me most was that the same lazy maintenance man was standing there laughing and joking with the food workers instead of cleaning up the area. It's only when I fell that he decided to run to clean up the mess! He said to me if I was alright? But by this time I was furious! None of the food workers even cared to ask me if I was okay. Since she left the cart there in the first place. Gheesh!!!!
3. The little league team left a three year old little girl in the dining facilities so my wife had to return her.
4. When we finished breakfast and was heading back upstairs to checkout which we found that the two elevators were broken. Yes, mass hysteria was happening! We and all of the guests walked several flight's of stairs (4) in our case! Sunday is a day of major checkouts. The elevators broke at 10:30am and was not fixed by the time of our checkout. Even before we were to checkout at 12pm! No one in the hotel had an ETA for the repairs to both elevators to be operational again. Their wheelchair guests staying and requiring elevator support was just out of luck. The hotel desk worker did not know what to do as this happens often and no real plan is in place to stop it!
5. I had asked the hotel desk guy if there would be an additional charge for late checkout since they did not have any luggage carts available or the use of NO elevators. He said we would have to talk to management... But it was ok with him to have a late checkout due to the uncontrollable hotel issues.
Well, we left and had to walk up and down the stairs to the fourth floor with our luggage. No discount or percentage taken off our room for these bad experiences. Charged $320.00 for two nights of a disaster! Don't make this mistake, we will not again!
We headed home vowing to NEVER come back to this horrible place called Chattanooga, TN ever again!
Did I say that already???
21/09/14 | Link
| Rating: 1.0
10. Tim D.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, speedy check-in. Room temp was hot and took a very very long time to cool down even a small amount. Couch has a lot of damage to the cushions with the faux leather flaking off in a 2' section. Room had a very strong odor of a mint/menthol cleaning agent.
Wouldn't recommend this motel and will likely not stay here again.
09/08/14 | Link
| Rating: 2.0
11. D M.
This was my second stay at this hotel and will def be my last. Stayed in room 423. Lamp in living room didn't work and outlet was about falling out of wall; light above bath mirror didn't work; bath floor sticky; shower had shelf broken off and mildew was all over shower; dressers were pretty rough looking; sofa and chair were hard as rocks; not clean and I was seriously afraid I was going to see bugs. On the plus side, hotel clerk at check in was very nice and efficient with check in.
11/05/15 | Link
| Rating: 2.0
12. David P.
I stayed for two weeks, working mostly nights, for work. I stayed on the first floor and can honestly say that I never got woken up by anyone.
When you get off at 5am and the breakfast sign states it starts at 0630, one would think ready at that time but no. It seemed that you start prepping breakfast at 0630 was more like it. I am not a egg guy but that was the main course most days.
The room with the two malfunctioning treadmills that was called a exercise room was bad. Medicine balls, two treadmills and the only correctly working item, elliptical. Most days there were no towels and the room was either max heat/cool.
Parking is free and you can ask for a 10% of Texas Roadhouse coupon(5m walk).
As someone that has been to many hotels, I feel a good manager can fix most problems but if back in Chattanooga, I might find a different hotel.
14/03/15 | Link
| Rating: 3.0
13. Sherri T.
I'm giving this place 5 stars for two main reasons:
Every single employee was genuinely friendly & helpful, and had a smile ~ especially Nikki, who served and cleaned up the dinner service. She was so sweet to my daughter, and just plain fabulous to us all.
Which leads me to the meal that was included with our stay...make your own subs, kettle chips, mini salad bar, lemonade & draft beer ~ all complimentary. Everything was fresh, and it's served 5-7...my son went down & ate twice. A great free dinner at your hotel after travelling all day is priceless.
The rooms are older & bath/kitchen are kinda iffy, but you can tell they are slowly updating...our couch is brand new & trendy looking. There are signs showing redecorating plans to be completed fall 2015.
We will definitely stay here anytime we need a halfway point near Chattanooga.
15/04/15 | Link
| Rating: 5.0