This page contains the latest information about Lookout Lake Bed & Breakfast in Chattanooga.
Below you can find the contact details and address, as well as read the reviews and comments about Lookout Lake Bed & Breakfast in Chattanooga from other users.
For your convenience, below a list of other hotels in Chattanooga, TN.
Company Info: Rating: 5.00
Address: 3408 Elder Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN, 37419 Hotels in Chattanooga, TN Bed & Breakfast in Chattanooga, TN
1. Tara R.
Lookout Lake isn't the best B&B ever, but it's close AND it's also such an incredible value that a five star rating seems insufficient.
I'll start with my minor complaints
- The breakfast bacon was papery and weird. I think it may have been "light" bacon - if you eat a two-dimensional strip it isn't as bad for you, right? But it also doesn't taste like much, other than salt.
- Basic bathroom amenities that you would expect at a hotel or motel - mini shampoo and conditioner, soaps for the shower *and* the sink - were not available. However, the innkeeper directed us to a secret stash of hair products (in full-size bottles) once we asked for it.
Okay, now for the myriad pluses
- Location - The B&B is situated on the side of Lookout Mountain. Every room overlooks a pretty little private lake and the dainty mountains beyond. The landscaped grounds are lovely and there's a big old deck resting above the water. You feel very far removed from the outside world, but in reality, you're a ten minute drive from downtown Chattanooga.
- Interior Design - Dan and I love B&Bs but are turned off by those that are decorated in creepy, Victorian floral patterns. Other than a Stepford Wife, who could possibly find that romantic? Lookout Lake is one of the most tastefully decorated homes I've ever seen. We got to choose from several rooms and each one featured a different set of subdued colors, patterns and remarkably pretty antique wooden furniture (I get the sense that one of the owners has traveled in the Far East extensively). Our bed was large and comfortable and our jacuzzi tub was ENORMOUS! It easily fit the both of us. The water supply was plentiful and piping hot.
- The service - The owner was quite warm and helpful throughout our visit. I arrived exhausted and wondered if she had an in-room coffeemaker. She did me one better and brewed a pot in the breakfast room, complete with matching mugs, actual cream and a pitcher of ice water with glasses, assembled on a tray that we could take to our room. We were the only guests that weekend (awesome) and she made breakfast at our chosen time. Oh, best of all, she doesn't live on site! She must live somewhere else on the property, but we had the whole place to ourselves. Bonus!
- Breakfast - Again, not the best ever, but it was real, homemade food and we got a different meal each morning (eggs and croissants the first day, eggs and French toast the next day).
- Price - All this for $99 a night plus tax.
We happened to be in Chattanooga the weekend prior to our wedding anniversary, searching for an apartment in preparation for our upcoming move. But even after we are full-time Chattanoogans, I would love to make a visit to Lookout Lake an anniversary tradition.
25/06/10 | Link
| Rating: 5.0